Top Ten List for a Happy Career
- You get what you give, in work and in life.
- Constantly look for ways to make things better.
- You don’t have to be friends with everyone you work with, but you do need to be courteous, professional and respectful always.
- Be creative. Doing things the way they’ve always been done isn’t always what’s best.
- Don’t be an Eeyore. Look for ways to lighten up and have fun at work. It’s contagious.
- If your job isn’t what you want, do everything you can to make it better. If that doesn’t work, leave with grace.
- Don’t forget to take time to recharge your batteries.
- Don’t hit “reply all” on emails unless it’s really necessary. Email fatigue is real.
- It’s the relationships you make along the way that make the difference.
- We have only a short time on this planet, make it count.
Anita Jackson is an Executive Coach for Morgan Consulting Resources and brings over 25 years of professional experience in human resources, corporate communications and branding to her executive coaching and leadership development business.